Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Being sick at work sucks donkey dick. Which, coincidentally is a possible way of how I have this killer sore throat right now.
Or it could be from the cold and wind going down my throat and my immune system finally wearing down after a season of fighting the wintery weather hardcore for a week and then being like 'eh, too many layers' and sending myself out onto the frozen tundra of William Paterson with nothing but pants, shoes and a jacket.
If there is anything illegible in this post, I blame Wayne Hall, for all I've eaten has been at that grimy place of food stuffs.
~~
You wonderful readers witnessed history the other day. My Y: The Last Man and Barkley posts were restructured into semi-legitimate newspaper articles for one of the P.O.S. bi-weekly newspapers at my school. I will continue to use this as a testing ground to see if I have enough bullshit to write about on a topic to turn it into article length.
My next topics for writing are going to be two of these four: Professor Layton and the Curious Village, Darjeeling Limited, Justice League: New Frontier and the new Murder By Death CD.
~~~
Some notes on my brief play time with Professor Layton:
-It's like Phoenix Wright with no court and all logic puzzles.
-Has a very nice European animation style (Think Tin Tin or Triplets of Belleville)
-Puzzles sometimes thread on 'holy fuck this shit is hard' territory but for every one seemingly impossible puzzle, there are at least five that make you feel semi-smart instead of totally retarded.
-If there ever was a game that made you feel like you were mentally challenged, this would be it.
-Great characters
-See the Game|Life PSA at the end of their coverage of Brawl.
-If you own a DS, you owe it to yourself to buy this game.
~~~~
I've reached the point of a highly anticipated event when I stop following a normal calendar and just state the day as "Today is 19 days away from Brawl".
If people recall, I wrote a week and a half long poem about Rock Band (See the 12 Days of Rock Band) because of my anticipation for the game.
Will Brawl get the same treatment? I'm not sure. Will I write about it a lot? YA GODDAMN RIGHT! There's a huge difference between Brawl and Rock Band. Rock Band is noisy and I can't play it every moment of the day. Brawl can be a rather noiseless game if needed, so I will probably stop playing the game for classes and a few hours at work so I can catch up with schoolwork.
~~~~~
Roger Clemens is fucking guilty.
~~~~~~
Heroes is a fucking kickass show. I finished Season One the other day and I am avoiding beginning Season Two because I know its only 12 episodes and that there will be no new episodes until at least September.
~~~~~~~
I downloaded "El Scorcho" by Weezer and "Sex Type Thing" by STP from the Rock Band DLC Treasure Trove. El Scorcho is fantastic and Sex Type Thing just makes me think of the Weird Al Polka that it is in.
~~~~~~~~
Today I bought Ninja Gaiden III off of Virtual Console. I've actually never played the game and I am very excited to cry and piss and moan while playing it because, after playing it for 15 minutes before I had to go to work, I could only manage to get to the second half of level two. Fucking Tecmo and their ridiculously hard games.
There's a reason I haven't played the new Ninja Gaiden and that is because I know how hard the originals are and I don't feel like fucking crying in 3D. Crying in 2D is tough enough.
~~~~~~~~~
For anyone that got to the end, I have a question of beardly proportions. I have some semblance of a beard going on and I am giving you, the reader, some options as to what you, the reader, think I, the writer, should do with it.
A) Just go all Grizzly Adams with it
2) Shave it so I look like a 14 year old instead of a 17 year old
c) Make it a Goat
D) Grow a 'Stache
5) Leave the burns, chop the rest
~~~~~~~~~~
Nearing 18 days til Brawl...

1 comment:

hioo1 said...

don't grow a full beard, t'would be weird. go with something less i would say...or you can just shave it all away