Friday, August 10, 2007

I have nightmares about birthday parties...

So I just finished watching the Turtles movie. I can't explain it, but there's something about that movie that I just love. I mean, I step away from this movie and examine it and my logical self knows its not that great of a film.
Fuck logic.
I love the new Turtles movie. Yes, the villain isn't Shredder (so that means we don't care) but the Turtles' characterization is immaculate. The interaction between the Turtles throughout the movie drives home the whole point of the movie. Family. I loved how they had intricacies that made you instantly think of siblings. They had rivalry, jealousy, compassion...

Now a hotly debated question that I've had trouble answering spins out of this new Turtles movie.
"Who is your favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle?"
I've always had difficulty answering this question.
In my younger rebellious pre-teen days, I would say Raphael right away, but as I grew up I grew away from that and was drawn more towards the leadership of Leo and the dominating Bo staff of Donny (that's no gay joke. Have you ever played a Turtles video game? Donny is teh awesome because of his long and hard staff.) Mikey's a fun answer too because he's all funny and he wields nunchucks.
I have to say, in the latest Turtle craze I've gone through, I have come full circle.
I am answering the presented question with one word: Raphael.
Because, let's face it, the fucker's got a lot of depth to him. And Sais are pretty bad ass. And he said "Damn" all the time in the original movie.

Anyway, once I get my 360 back from the gorgeous woman who I lent it to, does anyone wanna play some 4-player co-op in the TMNT 2 Arcade Game on X-Box Live Arcade?
Cuz I love that shit.

No comments: