Thursday, August 30, 2007

Schedule, Video Game Tourney and More

As all 4 of you who read this have become aware, there has been no posting since August 17th.
That was one day shy of 2 weeks ago.
I, obviously, can not keep a schedule.
So that's why I'm going to actually try to keep one.

I am currently in a flux of packing all my shit up and getting prepared to move into college for my second year at William Paterson University and while I am there, I will be forced to keep a schedule, albeit one containing allotted time for video games, binge drinking and other illegal things.

I recently hosted the first annual Video Game Quadrathlon at the library of which housed me as a shelver in my younger days. It was filled with many joyous and moments and had a bunch of people playing Wii Sports Tennis, Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye 64 and Super Smash Bros. Melee.
The four finalists all played extremely well although the final round slowly became boring as the eventual winner, Joe Patnick, rocked everyone's little world as he placed 1st in every event in the last two rounds except for the 2nd place finish in the final round of Goldeneye. Joe won a Sega Game Gear with Sonic 2, Clutch Hitter and Columns. The runner-up, Aaron Edwards, won arguably the cooler prize which was Banjo-Kazooie advertisement tape from the late 90s'. Nick DePue and the tag team of Billy and Manny Brown rounded out the top 4.
On that note, I would like to announce the tentative plans for the next Video Game Quadrathlon.
With the success of the first one, I am going to try to do this tourney twice a year. Once over the summer and once during the winter. The upcoming tournament will most likely take place in the week between Christmas and New Year's. The only game I can reveal that will not be changed is Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Anyway, I will probably write full reviews of video games and such in the near future. Expect reviews of Bioshock, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Brain Age 2, Shadow of the Colossus, Guitar Hero 80s, Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition and whatever else I can throw at all you rat fucks.
I'll continue with my musings about trivial things like Ninja Turtles and how much Pokemon owns my life (which, funny story, isn't happening right now. Emphasis on now).

But anyway, my Brain's not gonna train itself, so I'm gonna go play some Brain Age.

Fuck Pants, yo.

No comments: